Sunday, March 22, 2009

College Program: Interview Series

If you have been reading my blog, you might have noticed I am a big proponent of working with others to learn from their expertise and experiences. Over the few weeks I will post brief interviews with college graduates of diverse backgrounds. The interviews will focus on two topics: experiences at different types of institutions of higher learning and the experiences of minorities in their college preparation and as college students.

Here are some disclaimers about the forthcoming interview posts:
  • All interviews will be anonymous and will not name the interviewee's alma mater. I have chosen to do it this way because I want the interviewees to give candid responses and because I am not in the business of promoting any one institution over another.
  • As with any "advice" that I or anyone else will offer you about college prep, make sure you consider the message and perspective of the individual, but always carefully evaluate what works best for you and your student.
  • Please note that I always start each interview by asking about the assets the individual or type of institution has to offer.
If you would like to participate and talk about your college experience as a member of a specific social or religious group, as an alum of a specific program or type of institution, or you would like to just share general advice, please contact me (carla [at] u [dot] northwestern [dot] edu).

No comments: